Things I am looking forward to at the Gathering in Dayton 2005:
1. Seeing Tab's Settlers record fall.
Bob agrees, Tab must go down, or prove to us that he's the champ. He claims to be unbeaten, in something like 10 plays. Granted, I cannot remember him not winning. But there is no way he wins every game against Bob, Dad and myself. (My strategy tips are posted on Microsoft's website, after all!)
2. Revenge in Serenissima
Not actually revenge. Maybe redemption is a better word. I want to show the fellas that I learned from my "nuclear" mistake. (That is, threatening to destroy the game by only attacking Dad for the rest of the game, handing the win to Tab, unless he allowed me to make a ridiculously advantageous play). I will be a good boy this game not play gunboat diplomacy.
3. Delighting them with...
Through the Desert. Roborally. E&T. Nexus Ops. They will love this batch of games. My prediction is that TtD wins the LPH award (laughs per hour, or entertainment for invested time), clocking in at under an hour with some really satisfying gameplay. Kids will love Nexus Ops with it's interesting bits, and guys will enjoy simple Euro-style wargaming. Roborally will be famous for it's chaos, mostly. I don't see how any real gamer won't be able to gasp in awe at the brilliance of E&T. It make take 2-3 plays to really see how beautiful it is, but it's a beauty.
4. One monster game.
Just one. Twilight, Axis, Mare Nostrum... just one. Please?
5. The kids
Our kids are getting older now, Grayson's 7. Tab's boys are between 8 and 10 (not counting little Weston). They can all handle Settlers, and many of the other games. It will be a hoot to see them going toe-to-toe with their Dad's, cousins, and uncle.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Chess is off my "looking forward to" list, unless I can pick up a new Chess Clock. Ours broke, despite protection in it's soft case... Not sure if I can find one in Dayton without a long search. Perhaps Tab's favorite local store has one?
Post a Comment