Saturday, November 12, 2005

G.i.D. Day 2

After a few hours of sleep, we were back at it. Dad an Bob joined us late in the afternoon, and we went after:

1. Nexus Ops
Tab one with a 4-point dragon jump on Bob. Final score: Tab 12, Dave 10, Dad 9, Bob 8. Bob held the monoment almost all the game, Tab took it at the very end with a huge force of heavies, and did the jump for the win.

2. Euphrats and Tigris (twice, 4p and 3p)
Our four-player game was marked by chaos, as players were all trying to understand the rules and possibilities. This is normal, and we played a 3-player (Bob, Dad, me) which went better. I think Bob won the first, and Dad the second. We played hidden victory points, which sped the game up some, but I think I would do better with open points...

3. Roborally (kids)
Four player, Austen and Gray versus Ethan and Ryan. Ethan snuck onto the second and last flag on his fifth impulse. Austen and Gray were hung up on the idea of upgrades (a common distracton in this game), and although they knocked the other boys' robots about, the game is about capturing flags, which they did not do, eventually losing. The boys were good sports, and I was pleased and surprised they stayed at this game for the 2 hours it took.

4. Foosball (yes it's on BGG)
Bob and I versus Tab and Dad. Best of three games, to 10 points. We split 1-1, and lost on the last game by a score of 10-8. The best game was the second, where we got up to 8-2, They came back bring it to 8-8, and we won 10-8 - amazing runs. Quite fun, hopefully we get a rematch today.

No comments: