Had a snow day tonight, meeting canceled. Paul family stopped by, and we played Tigris and Euphrates (http://www.boardgamegeek.com/game/42). It was the first time for Jamie and James, and we played 3 player.
It was my first game, although I had played solitare once, and have 3 online games on "the geek" (www.boardgamegeek.com) right now. (Game id: 11856, 12252, 12484). I am losing all three games, but learning quite a bit.
It took over an hour, and was probably not the best choce for the night, as James was tired, and T&E is (as I have discovered) very very heavy, quite a thinker. If you are not paying attention, or make a bad play, you get punished.
James, Grayson and I finished with Cartagena, which James won, and we played "Tortuga" version which allows for much more planing. Twelve cards are played on the table, and all hands are played open, making for tough decisions. (http://www.boardgamegeek.com/game/826)
I really like this simple game, playable in 30 minutes.
Friday, January 07, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment