If you have never played German games (or "Euro" games), it'd be hard to see why this is number one. Your basis would have to be the picture and description I guess. The Germans play 4 times more board games (brett spiels) than they watch TV.
To put that in perspective, Americans watch and AVERAGE of 4 hours of TV per day.
This game was rated #1 out of 2,173 overall by some rabid boardgame folks from around the world (over 3,000 voted for it, on a ten point scale, and it's average was an 8.75, with a standard deviation of only 1.29 (very low).
(last place was Tic-tac-toe at a 2.85 rating, and bingo at 3.06. Candyland ranked 5th worst at 3.37)
I guess that rules out playing Candyland at the next GOF... gotta say I'm disappointed.
Nice blog Dave! Good color scheme, and I like the aged paper. I voted for settlers on your poll, since we have some unfinished business from last time... I'd also be down for some Puerto Rico. Feb27th would work fine for me.
And yes, that is my copy of Settlers left at your place... thanks for hanging on to it. Let me know about the date for GOF3.5!
Yes, at least one game of Settlers is in order to decide the winner of GOF 3! Whoever wins amoungst you, Jamie and Doug wins the tournament, unless I win; then the second place player wins ('cause I am too low in points).
Should be fun! - can't wait. And thanks for the compliments!
3 comments:
Have you ever played it Colin?
If you have never played German games (or "Euro" games), it'd be hard to see why this is number one. Your basis would have to be the picture and description I guess. The Germans play 4 times more board games (brett spiels) than they watch TV.
To put that in perspective, Americans watch and AVERAGE of 4 hours of TV per day.
This game was rated #1 out of 2,173 overall by some rabid boardgame folks from around the world (over 3,000 voted for it, on a ten point scale, and it's average was an 8.75, with a standard deviation of only 1.29 (very low).
(last place was Tic-tac-toe at a 2.85 rating, and bingo at 3.06. Candyland ranked 5th worst at 3.37)
I guess that rules out playing Candyland at the next GOF... gotta say I'm disappointed.
Nice blog Dave! Good color scheme, and I like the aged paper. I voted for settlers on your poll, since we have some unfinished business from last time... I'd also be down for some Puerto Rico. Feb27th would work fine for me.
And yes, that is my copy of Settlers left at your place... thanks for hanging on to it. Let me know about the date for GOF3.5!
Sassaman
Thanks Mike!
Yes, at least one game of Settlers is in order to decide the winner of GOF 3! Whoever wins amoungst you, Jamie and Doug wins the tournament, unless I win; then the second place player wins ('cause I am too low in points).
Should be fun! - can't wait. And thanks for the compliments!
Post a Comment