Wednesday, January 12, 2005

Boardgaming: changes

Read this very interesting article on the history of boardgaming. A quote:

"In the early 1980s, about the time I became a computer professional (my schooling was in history), I "left" the game hobby, no longer writing articles, no longer designing games, ignoring it completely... I thought that role-playing on the one hand, and video games on the other, would destroy the boardgames hobby. I was wrong, though we all know that the board wargames hobby was "on the ropes" and has only revived (some) because of German/Euro games." http://www.pulsiphergames.com/Articles/WhyChangesinHobby105.htm

This was written by a a guy named Pulsipher, at his site: "http://www.pulsiphergames.com/gameindex.htm"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Todd tried to help me on my "meta refresh" issue with Microsoft, where there service will not let me redirect my new domain name (www.brettspielcafe.com) to this site. Unfortunately, Microsoft prevents this for some strange reason... More to come.

No comments: