Monday, October 24, 2005

Euphrats and Trigris by the Web: Private gme

As you may know, the Reiner Knizia game "Tigris and Euphrates" or "Euphrat and Tigris" is currently the #2 ranked game in the world (according to the 'Geek), at 8.3 on a 10 pt. scale (although the 'Geek uses a unique rating system). Puerto Rico holds the top spot at 8.6, Power Grid holds 3rd at 8.15, almost a tie with Princes of Florence at 8.15, and El Grande at 8.1.

Anyway, I have played 13 complete games of T&E online with the 'Geek over the last year or so (winning three times I might add), and have five or six going right now. I really love this game, it's one of the few I have ranked 10, and it is well suited to play "by mail" or "by web". Aldie (one of the webmasters of the 'Geek) gets credit for an excellent interface and FREE game-by-web system you can play there.

I have created a PRIVATE 3-player game, #20012, with a password of "clarkssummit". To join, simply create a profile at www.boardgamegeek.com by clicking "create account" at the top of the page. Then, click "game manager" on the left side of the main page (located below the "Online Games" header), and "join a game". Look for game #19742, click "join", enter password "clarkssummit" and you are in!

The great thing about "Play by Email" is you can play whenever you want! I log in almost every day, and look forward to my E&T turns eagerly. But players are patient, and sometimes I go several days before making a move. As it only takes 2-3 minutes to examine the board and play a turn, this is allows me to play several games at once, or just one depending on how busy I am. As you accumulate experience, you're able to play the game even faster. Games last about 14-16 complete turns, so if you play 1 turn every 3-4 days, you can play a whole game in 3-4 months at that pace.

For the complete rules to T&E, check out these links:

Euphrats and Tigris Quick Summary.doc (print and use as reference during game, or as rules)
Beginners color coded reminders.pdf (useful once you understand the basics)
Extended summary, two pages.pdf (somewhat more wordy, but excellent)
Audio rules, entire rulebook on a mp3 file.mp3 (save to a CD and listen in the car!)
Complete rules and FAQ (a user generated page devoted to E&T, well done)

See you there! (my 'Geek name is "Phuntom")

Update: as of 11/6 game has timed out since no one signed up - I have recreated game under a new ID# (which was changed in the post above), #20012, same password.

No comments: