Thursday, November 05, 2009

Tigris...

Have found a new zeal for face-to-face Tigris and Euphrates after JRB received a gift copy. We played a 3-player, and (although I lost) it was a lot of fun. The tactile experience coupled with the live "tile in hand" bidding or battle sequence added another dimension to the game.

I've played perhaps 100 games on Boardgamegeek, play-by-email style. I look forward to making my move each day, but have found it to be pretty formulaic. The live dimension included bluffing, intimidation, "bash-the-leader", and all the great psychological nuances you'd like to see in a multiplayer game.

I stumbled upon this old Geeklist while doing some housekeeping, which has some really interested facts about the online version of the game. A review might help my face to face game...

Everything you always wanted to know about T&E

2 comments:

latabom said...

While some dynamics are lost on the play by email, I must say it is a very interesting playing style. Looking forward to that email to see what the opponent has done adds its only level of tension. Rather enjoyable and a great way to break up the monotony of a day.

It's your move, sucka!

Unknown said...

Well there you go! Won the first game, but of course there were some mistakes. So let's start again!

Play by email (or web-turn-based) if you will is a nice option and gives you something to look forward to when logging in every day or two. I play 3-5 games simultaneous so there is usually always a move or two ready when I log in.