Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Rick T. plays Caylus Magna Carta

Rick Thornquist (formerly of boardgamenews.com) has posted a nice (brief) review of the new card game version of Caylus Magna Carta.

Here's a snippet from his review:

"This is basically a card game version of Caylus. The major changes involve using cards for the buildings instead of a board and tiles, simplifying the rules, and shortening the playing time.

In Caylus Magna Carta, each player gets their own deck of building cards. You start with three in your hand. A couple of neutral buildings cards start on the table to start the road - the rest of the buildings will be built from the player’s hands. On your turn, instead of placing a worker, you can draw another building card, exchange all of your building cards for new ones, or build a building by playing one from your hand to the table at the end of the road. "

And his summary:

"It might be useful to make a comparison to some other games that have card game versions. For example, I found Caylus and Caylus Magna Carta much closer to each other than Puerto Rico and San Juan are." "I think this would be a good game for those who want shorter, simpler version of Caylus. I would prefer to play Caylus, but if I was pressed for time I would be quite happy to play Caylus Magna Carta."

There you have it. No word on availability yet, but I am sure it will be soon. And you know it's on our wish lists, right Kevin?


No comments: