
List of games played in 2006:
Twenty-six times I played something from the Gipf series, Zertz, Dvonn or Tamsk. Looking at this in early January, I decided to buy Gipf in January at the Compleat Strategist in NYC, and I am glad I did. Grayson took to it immediately, and I am pretty sure these games will be the most played in 2007. They take 15-20 minutes if you don't take terribly long to contemplate your moves, and they can be connected together to form a larger game with the use of "potentials".
Carcassone was the second most played game, surprisingly we only played it 10 times. We played only the standard game, but one of the main expansions. I like Traders and Builders the best.
Star Wars Minatures and Race Day, both collectible minatures games, came up 16 times total. Fun for a month or so, I am not sure we will get back to them in 2007. Perhaps if Tab takes an interest.
The "big" games, Caylus, Puerto Rico, Power Grid, and Railroad Tycoon came up only a few times this year, which I guess is not that surprising. Given a choice, I could play just the games for the next 10 years. But they are heavier, and finding adult opponents is the challenge. Perhaps in 2007 this will change.
No comments:
Post a Comment