A plug for the two online sites I have frequented for game purchases, Fungain.com and Fairplaygames.com.
The first, Funagain, was the first site I frequented heavily. They have an extensive "Amazon.com" style review system, 2-3 photos of the game box, and some good linking resources. I even wrote a review for one game (Star Wars: Queen's Gambit).
Their prices are decent, typically 15-20% off. They occasionally have a sale, sometimes up to 30% off, and have a good selection of "ding and dents". They shipped quickly on my orders, and were available by phone when I had a question.
Their best feature is their "shopping lists". During the early phases of my Brettspiel collecting (right after discovering Settlers, and then the 'Geek, etc.) this was invaluable as I constantly evaluated and reevaluated games to determine what I was looking for.
Recently, I've tried Fairplaygames. These folks have amazingly fast shipping, daily 30%+ discounts, free or descounted shipping on large purchases (currently $125, or half off on $80 orders).
No frills like reviews, often no photos (or just a photo of the box), no "wish lists", few game highlights. Basically, just hot links to Boardgamegeek, and fantastic prices.
Funagain claims that they match prices, although I have never tried this. I check them daily, and they have a nice looking site. I've tired of their user reviews (most of them by casual gamers, generally only positive comments), so I've split time with Fairplay.
Update: as of 11/24/05, Funagain has added "frequent buyer points" to their purchase program, and have begun selling exclusives, like a new version of Carcassone only available from them! They also consistantly seem to have a deeper selection that Fairplay, and I've been able to find some games there that I've found nowhere else! I recommend checking both retailers!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment